An “off the cuff” suggestion about making a detour when planning our Disney/ Orlando trip for 2017 to New York City wasn´t actually as crazy an idea as you would think.
4 Nights AFTER 2 weeks Staying at Walt Disney World, Florida, flying from MCO to JFK, and the kids didn´t realise what we were upto.
EVERYTHING was planned. And most, booked.
- Empire state building? Tick.
- Rockerfella Centre. Tick.
- Top of the Rock. Tick
- Ferry down the river past the Statue of Liberty. Tick
- Horse & Carriage through Central Park. Tick
- Visit the 911 Memorial. Tick
- Go to Chinatown. Tick
- Visit the Brooklyn Bridge. Tick
- Use the Metro. Tick
- Yellow Cab Ride. Tick
- See a Musical on Broadway (“School of Rock” was EXCELLENT). Tick
- Visit Macey´s. Tick
- Have a proper New York Cheese Cake at Juniors. Tick (disappointed)
- Visit the highline. Tick. (Well worth a good walk!)
- See some movie & film locations. Tick (Ghostbusters, Friends apartment building, Night at the Museum, etc.)
- Times Square. Tick
- Visit Little Italy. Tick.
- Visit the American Museum of Natural History. Tick
- Visit Grand Central Terminal. Tick
- Visit various movie and film locations (Ghostbusters, Friends). Tick
- Visit “The Highline” (a favourite!). Tick
Want to do some of the activities we did?
Was it worth it? Like you need to ask….